Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

users dropping calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP26

Technical User
Jun 30, 2009
US
Hey all I recieved some complaints that calls are being drop with in a location. I have check the T's and they are all up and I am not seeing any error messages. Question What should i be checking and can someone lay out how I would go about checking each channel on the T. Thanks all

What type of system?
Are the T-1's for local and LD or do you have one for local and another for LD? If they are separated, is it specific types of call dropping (ld or local) or everything?
In LD 60 type LCNT and see if your counters are anything other than "0" This could be your T-1 for timing is causing problems, if you are seeing nothing at your end at all, it could be your transmit side to the telco. Either way I would get hold of them and have them test your circuits. let us know what you find out

81c System
The calls where reportedly local and the are sepearte pri for local and ld. All counter are at zero for every loop.
How do i check the individual channels? thanks

Generally you would not need to check the individual channels. I would say your next thing to do is to get hold of the telco and report your problems of dropped calls.
Did you check your counters in LD 60?

Yes I check the counter all 000
ok i will engage vender however we know what they are going to say. How do you check individual channels. Looking throu book but cant find. Thanks again tr

A T-1 is a multiplexed path of all the channels and as such an individual channel is not really in question for this type of problem.
Another question to ask, were all these dropped calls to the same location or same area, it is possible you do not have a problem at all and it is the remote end that has issues. I would still get to your provider first though to check the lines.

Area codes did vary. I engaged the vender and will monitor. I think it was a hick up in the carrier end and I am not worried thanks for the input I like to learn as i go. lol

what does lcnt show? and check the clocking, you don't want to be in freerun

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

We had problem one time where the phone (a call center) would ring and when answered would disconnect. After many days and hours of having the local provider running trying to figure it out. we managed to get the calling number (before clid). The calls were coming from one of our other customers. Had the customer contact check his cdr records to see who was calling the number.

Turned out to be a quy who's girl friend was a agent at the company that was having the problem. He would call, if she didn't answer he would hang up and call again.

a lot of man hours went into figuring all this out.

i would ask the people that are saying calls are being
drop?1 are calls drop during the conversation ?2 are calls
being drop when trying to transfer the call or putting calls
on hold?3 are the calls being drop all external or both
internal and external?with that being said if question 1
is the problem then i would get the service provider involed.if it is question 2 then you are having a problem
with the pbx i would look at the way the trunks are programmed to see that you are alllowing trunk to trunk
so that you can transfer and put calls on hold.if the
problem is question 3 look at your history table and see
if the pbx has restarted or what.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back