Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Users charging to non-home cost centres

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz1

Technical User
Sep 11, 2000
AU
We have an issue of users charging to non-home cost centres, and other to cost centres that have nothing to do with their areas.

While I understand MIMS will allow costings to any valid cost centre, has anyone come up with a solution to control this apart from scanning pages of reports.

what if you use mso826 (employee costing) or mso870 option 6 (position costing)?

Ellipse has functionality called Account Code Authority Lists (ACAL's)which allows security on account codes (cost centres, expense elements) by position and/or employee. This facility will restrict users to only those accounts that have been linked to their position or their employee code. Let me know if you need further information.

1nug - Thanks for the info. I have been given a document from Mincom outlining all the new functionalty which Ellipse has, however I cant find this functionality listed.

Do you know where I can get the FULL list?

Go to Module 3920 - Chart of Accounts User Reference documentation, Section called Financial Account Authorities.

We use ACAL functionality in Ellipse 5.2.3.2 and also in our prior version 4.3.1.

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back