Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Users cant access program

Status
Not open for further replies.

sraveendran

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2006
GB
Hi,

I have a progam called miracle type that i have installed on a network. (its actally on a shared public drive with a shortcut to it.) I have a group of students all with exactly the same permission and access some can run the program others the prgram loads then disappears like asplash screen. tried recreating users-no use it random. some users get to run it others dont. Thought it might be a licensing issue blocking users but i have a site licence so that cant be it. The program does not (i've checked with the manufacturer) check against the database for license. So I'm really puzzled what it can be. Any help would be really appreciated.

Sam

There are a couple of suggestions to check out in this recent thread, they may or may not help.

Application from Mapped Network Drive will not run.
thread779-1425917

Is this program happy being run with user Privileges or does it require Administrative Privileges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back