Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Users cannot logon to Citrix farm using W2K-based client

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeunMeijer

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2005
NL
Hi there,

I seem to have the following problem and need your help with it:

We have several users who cannot connect to our W2K based Citrix Metaframe XP farm anymore. The workstations have W2K (sp4) and 9.0 Presentation Server client software installed. Users with W95 and XP based workstations do not have this problem. It seems to have concentrated to the W2K workstations only.

Does anybody know the solution? Is it a TS Licensing problem?

Thnx for your help!!

Teun Meijer
Network Administrator
Vita Interfoam B.V.
Netherlands

I forgot to mention: The user with the W2K based workstation does not get an error message on screen. It just hangs in the startup, not even a logon screen.
Event log does not show error messages. But I may not bee looking in the right place for errors...

Thnx (again) for your help!

Event log on the server is where you want to look for TS licensing errors. It will say TermService.

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Well, there seems to be a structural problem when updating with a Windows 'Rollup for ServicePack 4' update.

The complete problem is described here:

Just for now, I have to remove this update and the problem is gone. I have tested it on one of my servers and it worked.

So whatever you do, do NOT install the WINDOWS 2000 SECURITY ROLLUP for servicepack 4 on your Citrix servers with Metaframe XP for now.

Thnx Ascotta for your reply!!

Grtz,
Teun

There is a hotfix for this from Citrix. Have a search on Citrix web site for rollup hotfixes.

Cheers
Scott

@Ascotta: Yeah I know. But I am not to eager anymore to update any server when experiencing these problems. I'll sit this out one for now.... ;-)

Thnx,
Teun

Where is your sense of adventure[smile]

Cheers
Scott

Doesn't the article just refer to MF XP 1.0, or have I not had enough caffeine yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back