Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Username Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quigonspencer

Technical User
Feb 1, 2002
US
Yesterday I changed the password on my administrator account and when I came in this morning the backup had failed, it said that my password was incorrect, so I changed it back to the way it was and it still will not let me access my backup exec. Any Ideas?

Did you change the adminstator or the backup account. The backup account is tied to the backup exec services on the media server. You might want to reset those logon passwords.
I have a complex backup account password and rarely changeit so I do not run into problems like you are having.

Backup Exec has several services running that use the account you set to access files. When you change the password of that account, you also need to change the corresponding passwords for each service. If you go to Administrative Tools --> Services you'll see a string of services for Backup exec. Double-click on each one and reset the password to the one you set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back