Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USERNAME.000

Status
Not open for further replies.

boricua3205

Technical User
May 10, 2001
US
We use roaming profiles in our environment. I have one user who's local profile is being created as jdoe.000. Everytime he logs on it goes through the procedure as if it were recreating his local profile. I have recreated his local profile several times, in the process I have renamed his server profile and changed his local profile from roaming to local so that the changes are not sent to the server.

What does it mean when a local profile is created with the .000? Has anyone encountered a situation like this?

Usually happens when a profile folder called jdoe already exists on the local machine & it is either corrupted (if it should be for same user) or its a local (not local copy of roaming) profile folder.

I've removed all visible profiles with the exception of Administrator, All Users and Default User. I cannot find any other profile on local machine...

Found the little booger, there was an unknown file in the profiles subdirectory with the same name as the username...the blind shall lead the blind..hehe. Anyways, I removed that file and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back