Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UserEnv Error Roaming Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1naryPro

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2002
US
I have windows 2000 sp4 and whenever i log off my pc it takes forever. The error I receive is "Windows Cannot update your roaming profile. Contact your network administrator"

Detail - The Specified network name is no longer available.

PS. I don't have the hotfix that supposedly causes this error.

Any help greatly appreciated.

JPBinary
MCSE, MCSA

Are these Citrix clients connected to a Terminal Server?

What hotfix do you think causes this problem?
Is the network path available? Silly question, but that is what the error is complaining about.

When you log on, is your profile loading completely? Check the App Log.

/Siddharth

Yes the folder is available and i have access to it. Not everything gets loaded completely. This is NOT Citrix clients. THe app log i get is the one i already posted

JPBinary
MCSE, MCSA

>Not everything gets loaded completely

So why aren't we tackling this problem before you unload?

How is DNS configured for all of your clients?

What errors on load?

/Siddharth

I have internal dns servers integrated with AD, and all the clients are pointed to them correctly. The error on load and the only error i receive is the one i posted. It's not saving my setting correctly to the profile folder on the network, because when i reboot i get my old profile with folders on the desktop that i deleted.

thanks

JPBinary
MCSE, MCSA

Ok, so why are we unable to correctly save the profile to the network path? Did you originally create the profile folder? If so, SP4 changes roaming profile permission requirements and this may be causing the problem. Who is the current owner of the profile folder?

/Siddharth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back