Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

userenv 1030 and 1058 error domain controller 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptiernan

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2003
GB
Hi I am having a problem with Windows 2003 Server and applying a GPO. I get the userenv 1030 and 1058 errors every 5 mins on a server.

I have 5 Windows 2003 Servers all with SP 1. I have 2 domain controllers my fileserv(primary) and my exchserv. The problem is with my exchserv this is running Exchange 2003 also but is a DC.

I do receive these error messages every 5 mins. I noticed this problem when I installed WSUS and set up a GPO to point to this server and noticed that it did not change on this server. I seem to have forced it once as the new GPO was set and I never received these errors for 20mins but they are now back.

Any help taken as I have looked at the MS documents with no joy.

Much Thanks
Paul Tiernan

Hi I tried this but no joy. I only get these errors now that I have added a GPO for WSUS to be enabled and point to one of my servers. If i take this GPO out I dont get the errors.

Found out I had a problem with the FRS had to edit registry to add a key so that my 2 DC's would replicate the GPO's.

All fixed everything is good.

ptiernan - im having the exact same issue and the KB article didnt help much either.

do you have info on that fix you did to remove the errors handy?

Thanks!

Hi Billyz

No problem.

On the server I was getting the errors

Click on Start, Run and type regedit.

Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Click down the key path:
"System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NtFrs\Parameters"
Double click on the value name
"Enable Journal Wrap Automatic Restore"
If nov entry is set create a new DWORD entry.
Set this to have a value of 1.

You have a choice to wait 5 mins or to net stop "File Replication Service" then net start "File Replication Service"

You should get a fail in your File Replication Service event log then 5 mins later a message telling you the data has been recopied.

That should be you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back