Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User wants to be called at 2 locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipandring70

Technical User
Oct 27, 2005
US
I have 2 locations, a 406 3.2(55)in the main branch and a 401 3.2(55) in the remote branch. One user works at both locations. He would like his calls to ring at both places and then go to 1 mailbox and light both phones. Is this posible?

Create a hunt group and put his 2 extensions as members.Have voicemail for hunt group notify both extensions.

That would work if they were (a)on 4.0 or (b) the user used an IP phone.

B would be the easiest, set up an IP ext on the main system. Put an IP phone at the remote system, programmed from the main. Then you could put both users in a hunt group.

OR, the user could have a main phone at the main site, point the DID to that ext. Then use follow me here at the remote site to forward calls to where he is.

the only solution will be an ip phone on the remote location
that ip phone needs to asigned to the main location

then the solution of 1043 will work

Thanks everyone, I guess we could also upgrade to 4.0 and get a license for advanced networking. This would allow the hunt group solution but it costs.

I would have though having the two hansets twinned might be the way forward?

@tipandring70

you can't upgrade to 4.0

first of all you have a 401
a 401 doesn't have enough memory to handle 4.0
also a 406 must be a 406v2 and then at least a pcs8 (or a pcs7 with enough memory)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Is it a Small Office Edition??

I thought support for 401's stopped at 2.1!!!!!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Mobile twinning would enable the call to be presented at both locations, it will even cope with group calls if necessary.

Do not go to 4.0 it will not fix as many problems as it causes, twinnning is probably best bet, or IP phone off main site.

4.0 after latest maint release. It is possible of it all works as advertised.

you could create a hunt group at the 406 site with his extension and a new permanent forward extension on that switch.

Example:
Hunt Group at 406 site.
Group set to 'Group' ring. Enable VM and disable queuing.
x300 - John Smith Group
Includes:
x250 - John Smith
x251 - JS Fwd Extn

Set the JS Fwd Extn user to permanently call forward to the extension at the remote site.

x251 permanent call forward to John Smith2 x450 at 401 site.

On the centralized VM pro server(assuming you have one) create a custom start point for both John Smith x250 and John Smith2 x450, with a 'Leave Mail' for John Smith Group x300.

Put H300 in the source numbers tab for John Smith x250 and John Smith2 x450.

Fini!

I think that if the Ring Mode of the Group is set to "Group" you cannot forward an extension that belongs to that Group. Forward is working in "Hunt", "Rotary", "Idle" modes.

ah yes...good point m1ch1nt3l. forgot about that.

but the end result should be the same. it may just cause the caller to here an extra ring or two while it tries the first extension before rolling to the 2nd one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back