Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmnj1975

IS-IT--Management
Jan 1, 2008
US
New to the forum so go easy on me :)

We have an IP Office 406 and in the voicemail app, the phone integrator set up "AlternateMode". It's never been tested, and finally 2 years later when we needed it, it doesn't work...

We have shortcodes (*95 alternateOn and *96 AlternateOff) and we get neat little messages confirming that it is on or off...

Trouble is, the Voicemail app bypasses the test user variable. If it's set to On it still follows False.

Is this a known bug?

You need to give more specific info.

IP Office 406
shortcodes (*95 alternateOn and *96 AlternateOff

The listed above items are actual information, the rest of your post is not really infoormative. Can you tell us exactly how the set up is currently, and we should be able to help you.

I assume you are using an always on auto attendant with a test condition of some sort which the call flow goes through prior to routing calls to day/night/etc modules?

You are going to have to go into great detail about how it is set up for us to be helpful.

Start with the ICR, SC's, modules, test conditions, conditions editor entries, time profiles, and we can then tell you what else we might need to know.

OK, here's what I have so far...

I set up a DID for internal testing. I routed that DID to go to Voicemail Pro (ring for 1 second, voicemail on). In Vopicemail Pro I created a Group called VM and the Start goes to Short codes AutoVM.

AutoVM Goes:
Start Point: --> test user variable (AlternateMode).
True: Transfer to ext 1014 (my server room where I am testing).
False: Goes to menu stating that alternate mode is not configured. Press One to set alternate mode. Press 2 to go to main menu.
1 goes to Set user variable (Alternate mode = True).

I hit one and it loops back to how alternate mode is not configured, basically alternate mode never gets set as True.

The call gets routed no problem to voicemail pro and everything works fine except that AlternateMode variable will not change to true.

What version are you on? I ran into this issue but it was like 2 years ago. All the user variables worked, I upgraded to 2.1.71? and it would then not set a true condition. I had to open a ticket with Avaya and they did a private build. I have since upgraded them to 3.2.65 and it all worked fine.

Cool. thanks for that tip.

I'm running 3.1 (16) Voicemail Pro

you might want to change the way the user variable is configured.

try set user variable to value 1 or 0, and consequently test variable = 1 or 0.

Update: I removed the old version and installed the updated version.

User variables now work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back