Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManchesterChris

Technical User
May 23, 2002
GB
I have recently started monitoring my user traffic via the ISA reports function. Top of the traffic by users report is Fetch API which makes about 20 times the requests as the next highest 'user'. Is this to do with refreashing cache?

I also have a website admin claiming he is receiving 1000's of hits a day from me which messes up his stats. Are these two linked? If this is the case can I prevent my server making these requests?

hi

Did you ever get a response on this issue? My bandwidth seems to be taken up with the fetch API too, overall web speed seems much slower now than it did.

cheers

Aaron

Fetch has to do with caching. I did a search on it and found something called FetchUrl, which is a "VBScript that causes the Web proxy to fetch an object and store it in the Web proxy's cache...".

For the second question, maybe you can set up a scheduled content download for that particular website. Set it to once a day or whatever. Scheduled downloads should override any settings you've made for the web cache for other content.

Let us know if that helped any.

ChrisP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back