Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcstudio

Programmer
Mar 26, 2002
GB
I have a couple of XP machines logging onto my companies domain however unless i give them Administrator rights you can not run and configure outlook. What i wish to do is give them the rights on there local machine to be a power user but only a user on the domain. Or give them some sort of rights that lets outlook work but not give they loads of access to out network.

You should be able to just set them up as an administrator on the local machine for the installation of Outlook, and when all is installed and configured, set them back to the group of your choice.

uwgstl is correct. Install outlook while logged on as administrator of the local machine. You should have an administrator account on the PC and an account on the server for the domain. Even power users cannot install all programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back