Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

user rights problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanumanth

Technical User
Feb 12, 2003
GB
when i am adding the domain user into the adminstrator group of windows 2000 pro system i am getting error.
how i did is i logged in as a local syst admin and went to user/group and selected group and in admin group i pressed add there i see local syst and domain when i clicked for domain it prompted for domain admin ..i have given and selected the user from the users and added then its giveing error ...like...the system not able to contact the server and i am not able to browse the domain group again ....i restarted and tried again ..but still not working....

plz suggest me to how to solve this problem or suggest me how to give the user(domain with normal rights).i have to assign the syst to soft persons so that they can be adminster their system instead of entire network.....

waiting for reply
thanks
:-(

If you can tell us the exact wording of the error message it would help.

its giving the error like this
processing of object ....(username) failed with the fallowing error: the specified domain does not exist or could not be contacted

and after this message i will not be able to see the domain tab and for that i have to restart even after restart also giving the smething

i tried this with the other systems it worked ..but in only 2 systems it dint work ..(these syst are not fresh installed ones.. using from longtime and did like this previously)
and also i think the os(2000pro ) i have is not the original one....my company dint buy any os...so i brought from my friend.
and if u want any details i can tell u

If you can't view the Domain make sure your Network adapter is working. Also, check to see if you can create a differnt user on that workstation. Maybe it is that user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back