Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Rename 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllanBowker

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2001
GB
Notes R5

Someone got married the other week so I renamed them from the Admin console (changed their surname).

The rename did not change their .id file or their .nsf file name.

The problem I have now is that their ID certificate has expired and when I try to recertify it from the admin console, notes tells me that there is no correcponsing name in the address book. The ID file that I am trying to recertify is looking for the persons previous surname.

Doh!
:)

The best way that I've found to do this is not starting from the Admin client, but on the client's machine where their ID sits. Go to File --> Tools --> User ID. Choose More Options, then Request New Name. Type in her new name, then mail it to your Notes address. Treat it like a regular user id re-certification, re-certify it with your OU, then mail it back to her, and have it re-merged into her client.

Hope this helps!

Cavell

Thanks for the tip! This was really useful, but it still left me with a few problems. I had the following to do in order to complete the changes:

Added the new username into any relevant user groups.

You will also need to change the mail database .nsf ACL to accept the new username. Also to get the name to change in the view screens you will need to look at the database properties and change the title name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back