Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User recieving a blank copy of email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2003
US
When one of my users sends an email to an external recipient, she gets a blank copy of the email. It looks as if she's Bcc'd herself, but the message body doesn't contain anything. I've checked all her rules and there aren't any that would be causing it. I've also had her recreate her profile, but it still exists. Has anyone ever seen this before???

what happens when this user of yours emails your local email address? Or even a external yahoo address?

meaning: Is it possible the problem is not yours, and possibly the receiving end?

Only gets this when sending to one external recipient in her contacts. I had her delete it and then send it to him just typing in the smtp address and she still got the same message. It's not coming back as a reply, nor is it going out to the internet and coming back because there is no message headers. It just looks like she Bcc'd herself, as the subject line remains the same, but the message body has no contents, so it's not the exact original message. I know, it makes no sense at all.

meaning: Is it possible the problem is not yours and possibly the receiving end?

If she can email everybody else in the entire world and it works fine, except for one receipient who has issues - then it sounds like their problem, not yours. I would guess they have some spam or virus filtering that sucks or setup wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back