Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User receives an att. in every email in Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliboone

Programmer
Mar 23, 2004
US
Hi everyone,

I have a user that has been receiving emails today that have an attachment that includes the exact contents of the email. Is there some feature that this user turned on to have this happen?

Thanks, Eli

Sounds like it maybe issue with Firewall/Anti Virus Software? It maybe change Email to attachment so Virus can't run?

Try checking those settings or if ther using Exchange Server it maybe something on the server's end.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply wwgmr. We run Norton Antivirus on all of our computers and I have checked the settings but there is not an option to have an email include a text version attachment. No one else on the network is receiving these attachments either. I just went through every Outlook 2000 setting to make sure that the user didn't accidentally turn some setting on/off but no luck.

Anyone else experience this?

Eli

eliboone

I see this ATT now and again. My hosting company allows me to check all incoming email for three addresses before it gets to me and if a virus is present, they automatically remove it and replace the infected file with the ATT attachment.

I'm not saying this is the answer to your question, but that's the only instance of ATT being attached to an email that I've seen.

Hope you resolve it

Kindest regards
Lee

VisFox Version 6 User

Thanks for the info keepingbusy.

We have our own dedicated server so that is not the case here.

I know that Norton Antivirus sometimes adds a text att. when a virus is found but this user is getting the text att. on every email.

Thanks, Eli

Unfortunately that is not the problem we are having, but thank you for the response.

What do you use Visual Foxpro version 6 for? Our order entry software (Mail Order Manager) uses VF6.

Eli

I am a programmer and develop custom software applications mainly stock, invoice and database management systems.

Good luck with your problem

Lee

VisFox Version 6 User

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back