Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Profiles Cannot be Edited - missing icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

rj21

Technical User
Mar 9, 2005
GB
My UK employer adopted maintenance of this NS700, it was installed by a 3rd party unknown.

Customer wanted their own non-Installer login for name changes etc... but the User Profiles cannot be edited.

Expected it would be cured by a patch from release 4.22016 up to 7.01.380 but the problem remains.
Suspect it is hardware based or may require reinitialisation to cure, based on the following:

Fault at release 4
--------------------
Under User Profiles there are only two edit icons, the rest are missing:
Refresh & Edit (the pencil icon)

The Add User and Add Multiple User icons are present in the lefthand side menu but are are faulty.

On any other NS700 the icons available at the page bottom are: Refresh / Add User / Add Multiple Users / Edit Users / Delete
These never all appear in the faulty unit.

Ater ticking the box for Installer and pressing the Edit pencil icon nothin happens, I don't get taken into the edit area.
If I click on Add User from the left-hand main dropdown menu the Add New User dialogue appears but the OK button is greyed out and the new user cannot be added.

Fault at release 7.01.380
--------------------------
The ability to edit users is still faulty when pressing the pencil Edit icon.
The rest of the icons are still missing.

Testing
-------
Took the DFsys and loaded to my system and all the edit icons appear.
Edited the INSTALLER password with complexity and added a new ADMIN account.

Uploaded to the customer's system and the User Profile icons are still missing, plus the complex password still doesn't allow me access from the WAN.

********** EOM ************

Any suggestions please? :- )

When editing the dfsys file offline are you logged in as installer or admin. Because you still won’t be able to change installer if using admin account

Are you a registered installer because you can get it reset

Hi Obts

Thanks for the swift reply, yes I'm logging in as INSTALLER

After uploading edited config to the suspect system I'm able to login with the new credentials (four upper, four lower and four numerical) but the web environment still appears to be missing icons and the users are uneditable.
Interestingly my WAN access still fails with the message that WAN access is not possible - almost as it if the system still belives INSTALLER is 1234

The uploaded config seems OK and credentials transfer correctly from chassis to chassis.
It seems this chassis just doen't want to play.

'Opinion': Unlike the workhorse NCP500 I've had three NS700 chassis dead out-of-the box and other cards arrived dead, plus CPUs which behaved really 'fruity' until they were patched right up.

I've checked with our Panasonic distributor's tier-3 support who suggested doing the off-line config. edit described above - casting my net further now to see if anyboby else seen similar issues :-/
Think I'll probably drive up next week (70 miles away) and try reinitiailising the kit.

Cheers

Quick update for anyone with this error - "Cannot edit Users"

The kit required initialising - system had probably not been initialised at time of installation.

Once initialised any User could be edited normally.

regards

RJ21

Thanks for the tip off!
Did you have to manually reprogramme or were you able to upload a db b-up after you properly initialised the kit?
Regards
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back