Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmanuel29

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2006
US
Hello, I have a Domain Controller running Active Directory. I have over 100 user accounts. all the users are restricted from installing programs, accessing the registry and things like that. I created a security group and I want to add just two users to that group, and give them the ability to install software. I am running windows Server 2003 and all the client machines are XP. Any help!!!

So will this give the user on an Organizational Unit local administrative rights???? What if I just want the user to install software??? For example, under the computer settings in Group Policy, there is an option for users on a security group to give them the ability to join computers to the domain. Only users under this group and those groups specified under Group Policy can join computers to the domain. Is there something like this but to install software????

Yes it gives them local admin rights i'm afraid there isn't an easy was to allow users to just install software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back