Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User placed on hold at random

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCCDM

Technical User
May 24, 2016
AU
Hi all,

I have a user at a customer site who is experiencing an issue where her phone is randomly putting the call on hold. the user is a hot desk user that is working from home - on a mobile, using a headset and has confirmed she doesn't hold the phone so can't accidentally hit the hold button.

I was just wondering if there may be another way the system is forcing her calls on hold and how I may be able to prevent this? or is it possible that it might be something to do with the mobile handset itself?

All help appreciated.

Cheers,
Justin.

Rel 7.2
Active SW 13.2.0.17

how is she using a mobile - is it a EHDU ?
are mid call tones enabled - perhaps theee other party is pressing adigit that is being detected as the mid call put call on hold tone
these are the codes
To activate this feature Press
Hold/Retrieve 1
Transfer 2
Conference 3
Swap 4
Handoff 5
Cancel Call #
Remove DTMF Detector *

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Hi Billz,

Mid call tones are enabled, this is how the user is removing the hold once it turns itself on.

Would the user be able to remove the hold if the other party is the one that sent the tone?

Cheers

yes
its not the other party thats putting the call on hold using the other party phone system , it sounds like its the other party sending a matching tone that your side is determining to be a hold request
try disabling the mid call tomes in system options to see if that stops it happening

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thanks for the advice Billz, I have made the update and will leave the user to monitor calls for a couple of days.

Cheers,
JCCDM

No SIP trunks, all PRI ISDN.

Cheers,
JCCDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back