Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User picked server side rules and email disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanley

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
US
I have a user who logs on to multiple machines. He inadvertently selected server side rules when prompted to do so. All of his email beyond two days old disappeared. How do I reverse this?

What were his server side rules?

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Unfortunately, I do not know what his rules were.

Just go to his system and view them.

Good suggestion, however, he has a single rule based on one recipient that does not appear to be related to this issue.

Then check his view...he may have just inadvertantly changed that so they're just not being shown. You can also go into OWA and view his mailbox to verify what's there.

I finally figured out what the culprit was. The user sat at a different desk and configured Outlook 2003 at this temporary location. He failed to check the option to deliver to "Mailbox - Username" but accepted the default option "Personal Folders". I visited the machine and changed this option. Immediately after the modification was made it updated his mailbox successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back