Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User/Password not passed to ODBC driver w/CE 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dslowe

Programmer
Feb 25, 2003
US
Hi,

We used to use Crystal Reports 8.0 which included the Page Server and WCS. We used the URL method to view the report, e.g. http:\\myserver\foo.rpt?init=html_page&User0="Pink Panther"&Password0="". In CR8.0, the user name and password are successfully passed to our ODBC driver.

Now, I'm using Crystal Enterprise 8.5 and this no longer seems to work. The user name and password that are passed to our ODBC driver are the user name and password that were used to create the report.

I've tried the new way of passing user name and password, e.g. User-<server name>.<database name> and it still does not work.

Does anyone know why CE 8.5 is not working? How I can fix this?

Thanks for any help,
Donna

Have you tried openning the report in CR8.5, go to Database - set location

Change the user name and password, then save it

I've had to do that with reports that run through another program we have and it worked.

It looks like we may have found the problem. Some of the reports were created with the User DSN configured instead of System DSN. It seems that with User DSN, the user name is embedded in the *.rpt file. So far, to get rid of the user name in the *.rpt, it seems the only way is to recreate the report with System DSN configured.

Does anyone know of a tool to convert the *.rpt such that the user name is not embedded?

If you do the set loaction to the SYSTEM DSN it should straighten it out.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back