Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User not getting Crystal Viewer download option...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliveB

Programmer
Nov 22, 2001
EU
Hi, an anyone help me please. This seems such a simple issue but I just can't resolve it.
I am trying to create reports to be called via ASP.

I am creating reports using 8.5 Developer Edition. I have installed the same on the web server. If a user, who does not have CR on their machine, tries to access the reports, they get the usual gray screen with the red X. Unfortunately, they are not being prompted or offered the chance to download the viewer.

Is there something else I need to install on the web server to make the viewer available to them.

As ever, all help is greatly appreciated.

CliveB

Hi,

Take a look in tools | Internet Options |Security | Internet...Custome Level, if you can download ActiveX controls.the option download signed activex control should be selected to prompt.

If this doesnt solve your problem, searc the site for a withe papaer about the errors one can get downloading an activex control.

If you haven't solved this yet, perhaps this will help:

First, be sure you have a virtual directory in your website (in IIS) called "Viewer". The home Directory of this should be similiar to C:\Program Files\Seagate\Viewers...

You want to make sure the Permissions for the Viewers virtual Directory (in IIS) is set to None. If the Permission is set to Scripts or Scripts and Executables the viewer install will actually run on the web server instead of the client machine...

HTH (kinda late..)

I have now sorted out the problem which was to do with virtual directory that contains the viewer etc. Thanks for your replies, both of which were acurate and either pointed me in the right direction or contained the specific solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back