Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User must change voice messaging password at next login

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoCoPBX

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2019
US
Hello,

I'm in need of assistance with an issue I'm currently having when creating voicemail boxes in bulk. Here's a little back story which may frame this whole thing. I need to create 300 voicemail boxes for incoming staff. Which I'm able to do so by using the import function in ASA..Works like a charm. Here is where the issue comes in we need to have all of the users change their password when they log in. Is there an attribute or Class of service number or specific field I need to populate in order to have the box checked when I create the voicemail box initially? Thanks for reading and thanks for your time!

you left out the most important part, what type of Voice Mail platform?

My apologies! AVAYA Aura Messaging

By default I do believe it will force a password change upon 1st log in.

Joe is correct. By default it should force a pw change on the first login.

Check the profile you are using to create them and make sure that Must Change Password on Next Log In is checked.

Thanks for your responses guy's. Joe you are correct the box to force a password reset on log in is checked by default when I create a new voicemail box directly on the server via the web portal, however since I'm creating them in bulk that option is not checking it's self by default. Wanebo to your point I created a dummy vm box directly on the server so the box would be checked. I then exported the values of said new vm box to create my template however there does not seem to be a field that I can put a value in to check the box. I've included images of the CSV field headers that were exported from the newly created vm box. There has to be a number value that I can set in a field similar to setting the Class of Service when creating vm boxes.
New_VM_Template_qft1e8.png

Look at cos 0 then, does it have a field to force a password change upon 1st log in? Also test 1 of these new mailboxes and see if you get prompted to change the password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back