Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

user login control for IIS intranet virtual directory access

Status
Not open for further replies.

obulldog27

Programmer
Apr 26, 2004
US
when accessing our company network drive on a shared folder located on our win2k server and trying to get into a specifc file I get an access is denied because I dont have the security priveleges under my login name BUT when I go into the intranet ip address through IIS I enter any domain login name&pwrd, I am able to get in. How can I only allow certain users to get into the intranet established virtual directory within my domain. I want the security to be the same as in our winsk2000. I know I can deny access to specific ip addresses but I am looking for user name authenticaiton.

Also when I type in the name of my intranet on some computer I cannot get resolution unless I enter the IP address. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok I have fixed the problem by adding the group credential to the log on locally setting referred to me by this link Now when I put my login name I dont get the error sign and only the users in the group within our domain can access the directory but only by setting the domain security to basic authenication. I really want to change this security because it sends the password in clear text and can be intercepted by someone. Any other ideas of how to set up a more secure authentication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back