Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User log in/out times on domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

byevjzts

Programmer
Feb 14, 2007
GB
I have looked around the site and found some references to this, but they haven't quite answered what i need.

Is it possible to have/generate/record when a user logs onto a domain but also to log off. Preferably in a database format so it can be reported on.

I have found a possible solution for logging in (perhaps a login script) but this does not supply a solution for loggin out.

So does anyone know how to retrive this information from a central location?

Any help gratefully appreciated

Thanks

Phill

You can set up an audit on this, that way both login and logoff will be logged in the event log on the server.

/Marcus

Thanks, but then how do you retrieve information (and export) from the event viewer so it is filtered for log in/out times?

You can also enable the ADDITIONAL ACCOUNT INFO tab on your DCs. It will show this info. Doesn't lend itself to being exported, but it's easy to look up for individual users.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back