Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Interface to select printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BofRossClan

Technical User
Mar 26, 2002
US
There are a number of reports in my database that I have programmed to print directly to the printer. However, if I begin distributing this program, other users may need to be able select different printers on their system for some of these reports. Is there a way to set up an interface, possibly using a list box in a form with the report names, and another list box where they could select the printer they want to use for the report? I'm not sure where to start.

Hi,
If you use acPreview with reports, the user will be able to first decide if they want to print the report, and if they do, they will be able to select the printer that they want. Their default printer will automatically appear when they decide to print.
Here is the code you can add to a command button on a form. I generally like to provide my users with a form to run the reports, rather than have them go directly to the Report Object.
DoCmd.OpenReport "Sales Report", acViewPreview HTH, [pc2]
Randy Smith
California Teachers Association

I thought about that. But there are some reports that would be really annoying to HAVE to preview every time you printed them. There is also a lot of coding before and after the printing, and I really don't want to change that. So I really want an alternate method just for those few reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back