Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Inferface linked with Main form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendor
Feb 15, 2005
DE
Hi Programmers,

I have a quick question, if you can help me regarding this. I have some forms linked with the main Form. And i want to have a User Interface (Main overview window)i am using Access 2000. So that i dont need to open Access everytime then to forms. I need here any VB code ? i am not good in it.

Any help ? thanks a lot in advance

I can't understand the question.. Can you please tell us more precise?
Do you need the form to be opened when you open Access? If yes
Tools > Statup > Display Form/Page to be set there.

Secondly, if you are asking the db to be stand alone like EXE and only the form appear in the screen then Search for "Hide Database Window" in these forums including FAQ.
Note: It is not possible to create EXE in Access

Zameer Abdulla
[sub]Jack of Visual Basic Programming, Master in Dining & Sleeping[/sub]
Visit Me

Thanks for your reply Zameer, Yes you are right!
Thats was exactly my question was. i am looking for a EXE file of my database link Forms so that i dont need to open my database. Just to click on an icon and then to be in working envirnment without opening Access Window.

If you need an EXE file that link to your DB then you have to use any of the programming languages like VB, C etc..
There are options to link through Web Pages, Data Access pages, ASP etc...
hope this helps

Zameer Abdulla
[sub]Jack of Visual Basic Programming, Master in Dining & Sleeping[/sub]
Visit Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back