Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User in GP can't access Wennsoft. User Profile? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJNorma

Technical User
Mar 17, 2010
I've inherited the Admin status in my company for GP & Wennsoft with no training. So far I've been able to resolve all issues, but I'm stuck on what should be basic. I created a new user in GP to have unlimited access. She has no problem in GP, but has no permissions in Wennsoft. The error message is that she needs to create a 'user profile'. I've looked at every drop down and can't seem to find where the info is missing. The on-board manual has no info about 'user profile'. Thanks for any help I can get!

NJNorma,

You do not say what version of GP you are using.

For Wennsoft, there are four possible modules - Service, Job Cost, Equipment and Timesheet which can each have their own user profile/ security.

To check which module you are licensed, use the About Wennsoft window accessible from the icon that looks like a blue circle with a question mark, (?) , seen in the top right corner of the main window.

In Version 10, you need to select the following to access the user profile setup window.

Here are the paths for User Profiles in Job Cost and Service Management.

"Microsoft Dynamics GP" --> Tools --> Setup --> Job Cost --> Security Setup --> User Profile

"Microsoft Dynamics GP" --> Tools --> Setup --> Service Management --> System Administration --> User Profile

The other mentioned modules have security accessible from:

"Microsoft Dynamics GP" --> Tools --> Setup --> Wennsoft Equipment --> EQS System --> Tab Security

"Microsoft Dynamics GP" --> Tools --> Setup --> Timetrack --> TT Users

------
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back