Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

user in another email domain receive email "code"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TranquilUncle

Technical User
Jan 24, 2003
US
When I send email to certain users of user@abc.domain, they can only see my email "code". They describe it as garbady-gook. The email is there, you have to scroll down to see it in "code" format which is very unattractive. Any help on this issue is appreciated.

What mail client software are you sending with? What are your outgoing mail format settings?

I'm using Outlook 2k with Exchange 5.5 SP4 loaded on a WinNT 4.0 SP2a. We have no trouble at all receiving email from anyone. Just sending email to other domains. I can send to my hotmail and yahoo email accounts and the email looks fine there. I have my character sets MIME:Western European (ISO-8859-1) and Non-MIME:US ASCII. In the Advanced Options, I just changed "Send Microsoft Exchange rich text formatting from Always to Never". I'll see if this makes much of a difference. My Exchange can get the email to them, they just can't read it in that format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back