Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Idle and Disconnect Limits 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuqqer69

MIS
Sep 14, 2001
US
I am running about 500 users across 8 servers and I wanted to set most of them to a 10 minute disconnected session limit and a 4 hour idle time limit. I don't want to set each user individually. Is there some other way I can do this?

Thanks.

Go to the Citrix Connection Configuration Tool - select the ICA-TCP connection name in the list. Double click on the ICA-TCP or use the Connection menu then edit command to bring up the Edit Connection Screen. From this screen, select the Advanced button which brings up the Advanced Connection Settings. From here you can now type 10 for the disconnect setting and 240 for the idle setting. Make sure the inherit user config is not selected for these options.

Good Luck

Does that negate any setting I put in on an individual user's profile then? I want to make sure a couple of users never have disconnect time limits.

Someone suggested ADSI scripting could solve this problem, should I look into learning that?

Thanks for any help.

You can not have both, meaning global settings along with individual settings for different users. Individual users can be found in Terminal User Manager and can be set up under the Config button. This will only work if you have the inherit user config turned on the Global Settings for Connection, Disconnect and Idle Timer in the Citrix Connection Configuration Tool. You could specify No Timeout globally and then have individual settings take precedence, but this would have to be administered to 500 users.

Scripting would work, I will post again if any of my current scripts would work for this.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back