Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User getting admin credential

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivs7720

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2004
US
How can I stop a user getting admin credential when the user logs on?

u may take them out of local admin group? is that u looking for?

net localgroup adminstrator %username% /delete

------------------------------------
Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

benlu,

Thank you for your time to reply to my question.

I have a user that can access a restricted share folder when she logon to her workstation but cannot access this restricted share folder if she logon to a different workstation. Weird. Now, if I logon to her workstation with a different user, this different user cannot access this restricted folder. What am I missing?

I think to modify the ntuser.dat of this user because for some reason it gets admin credential when she logs on to the domain. I found when I looked at the session for this specific workstation and the it registered to administrator even though I logged on as the user's credential. SO, my guess is that the admin credential is stucked in the ntuser.dat file. How can I modify this file?

Or, is there any other solution?

My objective is that when the user logs on that she will get her credential instead of the administrator rights.

Thank you in advance!

u may logon with local admin and rename that ntuser.dat to ntuser.da_ to see what happens.

------------------------------------
Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back