Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User friendly text box which creates HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony4x4

Technical User
May 14, 2002
ZA
Hi there,
I am looking for code that will allow me to display an editor to the user, that will enable them to do text formatting. In the background it creates HTML code that I will then store in a database.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Thanks BDCS, but I can't see anything there except text editors. I will try and spell out what I am after. On my site I want to have a text box where users can add comments, but they are able to format the text they are typing in the text box i.e. change the colour, make the text bold etc. When they click submit the text in HTML format is saved into the field in the database as HTML code. So that when we display the data from the database in the future it will have the formating to go with it. I have seen this done on a website before, but I can't remember where.

I need exactly the same thing. Have you found anything????

Thanks,
Debbie

Hmmm!

Sounds not unlike a forum not a million miles away from here. [ponder]

I would guess that you would have to use a similar idea, insert your own markup tags and then parse the text stream as you save to the db replacing your tags with html tags.

Often thought about writing something like that just never got around to it.

Chris.
Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back