Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User.exe at 001c:000013b8 IE shuts down opening 2nd page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cocoa2424

Technical User
Jan 6, 2002
US
Whenever I am going to a site that will open a new window, I get the general protection fault in module user.exe at 001c:000013b8. A tech had suggested uninstalling IE from windows startup, but it's not an option there. I am using Win 98se. I have upgraded to IE 6.0, run the repair, back to 5.5, tried the patch for this problem (of errors when opening second page), installed the service pack and then back to 6.0. Nothing seems to fix it. Memory has been swapped and tested and processor also. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Cocoa2424,
Did you ever find a fix for this problem? My son is having the exact same problem as you described but hasn't been able to find a solution/fix it? TIA.

Hi,

I got axactly same error message and found that new detonator drivers caused that. I changed to Standard VGA and no error message anymore. Now I´m gonna to download other drivers, maby newer maby older who know about those darn detonators...
Hope that helped =)

I had the exact same problem, none of the fixes at MS helped, but I did find the fix.... go to and download the latest java drivers. It worked for me.
origcntzero@yahoo.com

Finn guy,
I had my son remove and then reload his nVidia detonator drivers and this solved the problem he was having loading various web pages. Somehow his drivers got corrupted after his initial install because he had no problems for several weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back