Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User does not have permission to send to this recipient

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdbanting

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2001
US
Hello,
I have a couple of users who are getting the following error message when they send internal Email:

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

"Username" on 9/30/2002 7:05 AM
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<&quot;servername&quot; #5.7.1>

We are running Ex2K on SP3 and it is only happening to a select few users. Also, it only happens when they send to some of the users, but not all. All in all, I am quite befuddled. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Yes, and the only one is to recieve from within the company. Also, I think it is a problem on the sender side, because other users can send with no problem.

Thanks,
Chris

Thank you very much brontosaurus, you have pushed me in the right direction.

Hello,
The users that couldn't recieve were set to only be able to recieve from groups within the enterprise. The sending user was not a member of any group. Thus the recipient could not recieve. Thanks for pushing me in the direction of user permissions.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back