Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Defined Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigUK

Technical User
Jun 2, 2004
AU
In refference to this thread thread959-1026872, can I just copy the nicrpt.mdb and paste it into the new pc? This is so that the user still has access to their user-defined reports if their old pc is replaced or they have had to move to a new pc.

Many thanks

Craig

copy the entire report folder to the new pc. The report folder is located under the the ...\client\en directory. Its named RPT

Are you sure? Why can I not see the user defined report names in the folder then? They all seem to be the standard ones.

You can't see your user defined reports because they're encrypted within the standard reports....refer to the General Release Bulletin or Distributor Technical Bulletin published by Nortel for more info. If you don't have access to these bulletin, talk to your vendor.

I am not convinced! I copied the nicrpt.mdb file over and not the RPT file and have resolved the issue. From this it tells me that the nicrpt.mdb is all that is needed to copy user-defined reports over.

Let me know if you disagree?

Many thanks for your help

Craig

Solution ID: NORTINT Product Family: Enterprise Voice Create Date: 06/05/2002

Title:
Copying and modifying user-defined reports from one client PC to another

Facts:
SCCS 4.01.07

SCCS

Symposium Call Center Server

Symptoms:
All of the user-defined reports are going on a new PC.

The nicrtp.mdb file was not copied to the new PC and was deleted

Copying and modifying user-defined reports from one client PC to another

Fix:

Copying user-defined reports from one client PC to another
==============
1. Copy the nicrtp.mdb file from the old PC:
Program Files\Nortel Networks\Symposium Call Center\Client\en\data
to the new PC:
Program Files\Nortel Networks\Symposium Call Center\Client\en\data

2. Copy the RPT folder from Program Files\Nortel Networks\Symposium Call Center\Client\en\
to the new PC:
Program Files\Nortel Networks\Symposium Call Center\Client\en\RPT

Note: This information is in the SCCS 4.0 DTR guide (DTR-071), page 28, New Client Install, Step 17.

Modifying user-defined reports from one client to another because the nicrtp.mdb file was deleted
==============
1. Make a copy (or use the export utility from the SMI client) of the nicrpt.mdb file from a client's PC that has the user-defined reports you want to import into a new user's PC. Open nicrpt.mdb with Access (Note: this has been tested on Access 97 & Access 2002).
2. Ignore the Convert Database option and choose Open Database. Click OK to the warning that you will not be able to make changes.
3. Choose the Table>Reports table in Design view.
4. Choose USERID> and change the user name to the new user Login ID>. Close the program.
5. Copy the updated nicrtp.mdb file to Program Files\Nortel Networks\Symposium Call Center\Client\en\data.
6. The new user should have access to the user-defined reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back