Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Defined Paper Size 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMANER

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2000
US
I need to change the size of the user defined paper of a different size envelop (not one of the standard set offered).

How? Good luck and may God bless.

The paper sizes are in the Printer definition.
So your Printer has to support it.
HP Laser Jet printers 4 and above do.

Start by looking in the Printers dialog box in control panel. In NT workstation there is an option called “Server Properties" in the “File” menu.
It lists all of the paper sizes.

Also I found that if an Envelope in the Printer setting is just as wide as the one you are using, but your is longer it will still work OK. In other words if you design your layout for an existing Printer paper size but the actual paper is longer, it will still work with a bit of fudging.

DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

Experts do not, probably, recommend this but I’ll share anyway. This is a low-tech solution that I use for my envelope printing report (is works OK for paper sizes smaller than 8.5x11).

Set up your report using the “Page Setup…” on the “File” menu (Margins, Orientation, etc.). I just used landscape & the default margins.

Appropriately space you report fields on the page so that when you use the printer’s envelope slot everything lines up.

Truncate the page length by inserting a “page break” control.

Of course this report has to be feed via table or query just like any other. As well as any the rest of the report set up.

Result, altho I use *many* paper sizes (& formats) I'm always using 8.5x11 as far at the printer "knows." It's the Access reports that handle everything.

I tried both suggestions and they worked great!
Of course it made me feel real stupid, but that is normal.

Tanks to all!
Good luck and may God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back