Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Defined Language and 24 hour clock format

Status
Not open for further replies.

schronuts

Programmer
Mar 12, 2010
US
We are going to change all of our phone sets (IP 1616) to user-defined language so we can change some wording on other screens. When we do this it changes the time format to 24-hour, is there anyway to keep it at the 12-hour format and still use user-defined language? Thanks.

In your 46xxsettings.txt file
SET DATETIMEFORMAT "1"

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

DATETIMEFORMAT sets the formatting of the date display. The default is 0, which
means the SIP phone will display 12-hour time and displays dates in mm/dd/yy
format. Setting DATETIMEFORMAT to 1 means the SIP phone will display 12-hour
time and displays dates in dd/mm/yy format. Setting DATETIMEFORMAT to 2 means
the SIP phone will display 24-hour time and displays dates in mm/dd/yy format.
Setting DATETIMEFORMAT to 3 means the SIP phone will display 24-hour time and
displays dates in dd/mm/yy format.
SET DATETIMEFORMAT "1"

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

I changed the 46xxsetting.txt file, I will need to reboot all the phones so they can get the new config correct? Thanks!

I rebooted my phone and it picked up the new 46xxsetting.txt file but the time is still 24 hour format. I tried option 0, 1, and 2 and none of them changed the format. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm facing the same issue with 9640 sets.

I did get this resolved after digging for what seemed like forever.

In SA do a change system-parameters special-applications. On page 6 there is an entry for user-defined language. Set it to yes and you should be good.

(SA8885) - US Time for User-Defined language? y

I hope this helps.

I believe this feature (change system-parameters special-applications) is administrable only with CM5.2.1. Otherwise you have to have your BP/Avaya turn it on.

And is the DATETIMEFORMAT only available on SIP phones...

It would be nice to have it available on H.323 phones-

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

That is possible we just upgraded about a month ago to CM5.2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back