Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User data entered to be displayed after entering in a report via query? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aph

Technical User
Jul 8, 2000
GB
Hi all I have a report that has a graph in it from a query the data from the query is generated via a user input of the user entering two dates. Is there any way of not only displying the graph which is working correctly but also to dates entered from the user in the report?

Kind regards
Andy

How is the user entering two dates ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Hi PHV,
Via Text box that appears when Query is run
E.G Please enter start date "user enters date"
Please enter end date "user enters date"

Done via Criteria in the query

What is the SQL code of your query ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

err don't know how do i see the code?

SQL View pane

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

here it is :)

SELECT error_log_table.ppl_date_el, error_log_table.unit_el, error_log_table.d_number_el, error_log_table.customer_el, error_log_table.bag_reference_el, error_log_table.error_type_el, error_log_table.quantity_el, error_log_table.disposition_el, error_log_table.notes_el, error_log_table.ppl_name_el, error_log_table.[ppl_position-el]
FROM error_log_table
WHERE (((error_log_table.ppl_date_el) Between [Enter start date] And [Enter ending date]));

Use the following SQL code and then you may bind textboxes in your report to StartDate and EndDate:
SELECT ppl_date_el, unit_el, d_number_el, customer_el, bag_reference_el, error_type_el, quantity_el, disposition_el, notes_el, ppl_name_el, [ppl_position-el][!], [Enter start date] AS StartDate, [Enter ending date] AS EndDate[/!]
FROM error_log_table
WHERE ppl_date_el Between [Enter start date] And [Enter ending date]

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Cheers I'll give it ago tomorrow at work [thumbsup2]

Hi finally got to try it and I'm getting this appearing in the text boxes #Name?

the sql is listed above

control name, and the control source

don't know what you mean?

yup used the code i'll re do it tomorrow and post back

Ok had another go with the same code with same result control name control sourse are as follows

Start date is
Control name Text7
Control source =[Errors Via Type 2]![StartDate]

Finish date
Control Name Text9
Control Source =[Errors Via Type 2]![EndDate]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back