Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User credentials problem when connecting to 9i

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigreeuropeo

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2001
ES
I have Oracle 9i Database and 9iAS working ok now.
Several computers running different applications connect ok to the db.
I installed the Oracle client on a windows 2000 using the local administrator user, and when I try to connect with sql plus, says: "user credentials do not correspond with the existing ones". (sorry if the translation of the message is not perfect).
Sometimes the same error occurs when trying to connect to a web application using JSP with a bean for pooled connections.
Can you help me?.
Thanks in advance.

I will tell you the ORA message number on monday. I'm off on vacations now. Sorry I didn't include the message number, my mistake.
Thanks for your interest.
-Tigreeuropeo

The error number is TNS-12638, and the Error Messages manual says "Enable tracing to determine the exact error".
This error is shown trying to connect from sql plus from a W2000 client of my network, when I log in using the administrator account from the Windows 2000 central server.
If I use the local administrator account of the W2000 client, there is no problem.
The same thing is happening when connecting from the same client to another W2000 server using Oracle 9iAS, running an application developed with JSP, with a bean for a pool of connections.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back