Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraklyn

Programmer
Aug 12, 2002
US
This is just something I'm playing with at the moment.

Suppose I create a user control that contains both a flex grid of some kind along with a text box. I then add that user control to a form. I'm trying to find a way to modify certain aspects of the grid contained in the control just added to the form without changing the actual control (ie rows, cols, etc).

I haven't found a way of doing this yet. Maybe there isn't. However, maybe there is and one of you can help point me in the right direction. --
Jonathan

Not sure if I understand what you're trying to do exactly, so bare with me.

You want to be able to change the Rows property of the flexgrid contained within your user control. Add a public property to the user control that sets the rows property of the flexgrid.

--- User Control ---
Puplic Property Let Rows(ByVal Value as Long)
flexgrid.Rows = Value
End Property

Public Property Get Rows() as Long
Rows = flexgrid.Rows
End Property

That is exactly what I was talking about, and that will also let me expand to a few other ideas. Anyhow, thanks!

It's always fun being new to different languages. There's never a shortage of things to learn.
--
Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back