Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Can't Log In. what the...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gozer

Programmer
Oct 25, 2000
US
Got a major odd problem here. But before that, we've got 2 MF 1.8 SP1 on NT TS4 SP6, load balanced and using a published application. Problem is: We have one (very important) user who just can't log into the application. Or for that matter, he can't log into a normal citrix desktop session either. However, I (or anybody else) can login from the same client computer. I bring up ICA Connection Center to see it begin the session and then *poof* it all disappears only with that user.

Anyone ever heard of this?

I tried deleting his profile directory from the citrix servers but nothing...

Actually, I have a 2nd part of this problem that I just discovered. When I try to log into the actual Citrix server as that person, I get a BSOD.

This is getting weirder and weirder. Any takers?

Scott

You have recreated his profile but have you recreated his user account?
Pritch.

What kind of security are you using? Local security or NT's Domain Security?

You must be sure that the user account has privs to log onto the TermServ (and able to run the published app). If access is granted by domain group, be sure he is a member of that group.

Any error messages? or does it just drop the connection?

Also, be sure to check for folders called [username].000, *.001, etc..

Is it possible that the User ID is corrupted. I have had situations a little like this before. It was necessary to remove the user from the User Manager for Domains list then add them as a new user and resync the servers.

The way this story ends up is that yes, we deleted that user from the NT Domain Security and recreated him. After that no whammies for that user.

Thanks everyone.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back