Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User cannot log-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkshankarg

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2005
AU
Hi Guys,

I have implemented GPO in my domain. I have also set "Shutdown immediately if unable to log security audits" I have logon hours specified for the user. Now the some of the XP machines are not able to logon to the domain at all. The rest can. It gives "Your account is configured to prevent you from using this computer. Please try another computer" How do I get past this. The same user is able to logon to other computers.

I've come across this a few times. Try logging on as an administrator (sometimes having to use the local administrator), and clear the logs, restart the machine, and that should clear the problem.

Hey I was hoping to bring this error up, I have the same issue, but I have alrady cleared the event logs, and restarted the computer, and the user is still unable to log on to the machine. Any other suggestions?

DJ

For testing purposes, have you added this user as an administrator and logged in? If you can login as the user at that point, try changing the setting. If (revert back to a user state) it doesn't work at that point, you may want to look at some of the other GP settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back