Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Cannot Change Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyh

Technical User
Jul 16, 2000
GB
Hi there I have changed my user account policy on my windows nt server so users now have to change passwords at next logon.. Users in manchester have no problem.. but users in london get the following message

the system cannot change your password now because the domain is not available...

any ideas what could be wrong? PDC is manchester and BDC is london.. Man and london connected via VPN over a leased line.

Thanx

Anything here?

Changing the password on a locked-out account generates a "domain not available" message

You receive a "The system cannot change your password now because the domain <DomainName> is not available" error message when you try to change your password in Windows XP or in Windows 2000

You receive a "The system cannot change your password now because the domain is not available" error message on a Windows XP-based or Windows 2000-based computer

Tried the first fix but nothing!!! ive got microsoft on the case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back