Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User can receive but not make calls (Option11C - M2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo2500

Programmer
Dec 17, 2003
GR
Hi guys,
I have a user who is complaining that he can receive but not make any calls (either local or outgoing).
IDU returns the type of the device (M2008)
and stat returns it is idle
the programming on the TN looks similar like in the other phones.
Does it ring any bell? or are there any recommendations on what to check? Could it be just a cable problem?
cheers,
george

it's not a cable problem.. it's not a port.. if he can dial internal then it's ncos or tgar, maybe class.. simular doesn't help.. exact ncos and cls marks.. i would look at the date of the last change, unless it's recent it's the phone.. a cup of coffee can kill a dialpad

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sorry I wasn't clear.
he can't make internal calls either
As far as ncos is concerned he has the same as the other users

If you're just looking for a quick fix or test, print his TN so you have a copy, find a known good 2008 TN, OUT the Suspected Bad Phone and do CPY 1, TYPE 2008, CFTN will be known good TN, TN will be what you outed, DN will be BAD Phone's DN, Change DES, Intercom, etc to Printed Original and Test Phone at TN, then Test at Station.

Good Luck,
L.A.CityTech

i would go with Johnpoole and change out the phone with a known good one, then go from there.

Scott Williams

IT, United States Coast Guard.

Guys thanks for your answers
the phone should be the problem, I asked for a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back