Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Assign MWI Unity

Status
Not open for further replies.

adelainey

Technical User
Apr 28, 2010
CA

Just wondering if there is a way users can assign their own MWI on Unity? We have voicemail boxes that are not assigned to a physical phone. They are direct to voicemail only. I have to manually add a MWI to the phone they are using in their current room. I have 1000 users and a very large amount of them move rooms every year so it is a large task.

I have around 1000 boxes on Unity now that are setup about 50/50. Half of the users migrated off on Intuity (these are not setup to use LDAP).These just have the light that comes on and off. These you can use as a generic box.

The other half are users with Unified messaging accounts that are in LDAP. (These were migrated off of Modular Messaging) These of course need to be activated to the users accounts.

If you need to add anything to Unity the bulk import utility is about as friendly as any i have used. Under (Tools bulk administration tools). If you dont get the import list correct the error list will show you what you did wrong or need to remove. I just moved about 500 users off Exchange and over to Office 365 using it and it worked great..

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back