Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Accounts Locked Out on Win2K 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

erosado

MIS
Feb 4, 2002
US
We’re running a Windows 2000 Server with ADS and a lot of our Windows 9x workstations are getting locked out of the network for no apparent reason. I’ve looked in the Security Event Log and have noticed that several users get an Event ID 538 (user log off) followed by a 681 with error code 3221225578 (user logon with misspelled or bad password) and eventually a 539. Once the account is locked out the PC will try to access the network numerous times (sometimes 5 – 10 times per second).

The users claim they didn’t log off and simply tried to access a resource on the network when they noticed they had been locked out. I’ve looked at some of the repeated offenders PC’s and haven’t found anything that would lead me to believe would be the cause. Another bit of information is that we have recently migrated all the users from an NT 4.0 server to this one.

Has anyone heard or come across anything like this???? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

If you open up the properties on one of the accounts created for these computers in the AD, you'll find the option to allow pre-windows 2000 logins from that computer.

This doesn't always work though and you might want to consider upgrading workstations to 2000 Pro.

I hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back