Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Useful date/time tute? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog82

Technical User
Jan 7, 2001
AU
Hey all, I am in need of a useful tutorial to show me how to display the date and time across the top of my page, I'm using flash 4. If someone could direct me to one Id appreciate it muchly

Do you want to display it in your Flash movie?
If you want to display it on your page on top of your movie, you can use frames in your html and use this javascript to display date & time. You can easily modify the output.
Check: Have a look at the source code or email me a request and I'll send it to you.
francoisgill@hotmail.com

;-)

I've read a tutorial and my clock is running. There is only one remaining problem my clock says (for example) 16:9. Is there a way to make it say 16:09?

you need to set up an array which will convert 24 hour clock to 12 hour. here is an example and download so you can analyze the script:

I was obviously going a totally different direction on this than you probably are but perhaps you can look at the script and figure out how I used an array to convert to a 12 hour system. Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

Sorry...I misread your post, however, I encountered the same problem with the "0" before all seconds and minutes less than 10 and was able to use action script to fix it in the same Fla above. Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

Somehow my compu kinda trips when I try to view the actions. Could you (or someone else) explain how to convert the single digit to 0x (where x is that digit)?

This works...

if(digit<10){
digit=&quot;0&quot;+digit;
}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back