Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use time, not date , as X axis in chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickTheBelgian

Programmer
Jan 11, 2001
DK
I made a chart with numeric X axis, but it groups everything by day, even if I set the x-axis format as a time. I would like to print points with time as X, but not grouped per day. I also set my "on change of" to " this will be printed for every second". Anybody any idea?

If you want the chart to show times across days, e.g., the total for 9AM over some time period, then you should try using a formula instead of the datetime field:

time({table.datetime})

-LB

No, I just want to plot the change of a value over time. (Imagine reading out an electronic thermometer every 5 minutes.) Actually I found out it works, but only if you plot data spread over several days. If you plot everything inside one day, the program considers all X values to be equal and plots all your values on top of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back