Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use Single Data provider for different reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

naga5566

Technical User
Mar 14, 2003
US
Hi all,
I have a report which contains 2 tabs(reports).I am using 1 data provider for 2 reports.i need to display the data in second report based on a condition.Foe example
The first report displays all the data containing columns Empno,Ename,DEptono,SAl.
THe second report should display me the above columns with resp to single deptno.Say deptno=10(only) and not all deptno's.Can this be done with a single provider or do i need to add another provider which contains condition DeptNo=10.
Thanks
naga

Hi,
You can achieve this by using BO filter option.
In your second report select the table displaying all the departments.Then go to menu Format->Filter and bring open the filter dialog box.

This dialog box will give u the objects on which you can apply filter and also their values. In the example u have mentioned its a simple selection of value 10 for dept and when close the dialog box using OK the table will be filtered to show only dept 10.
There is also a define button for more complex relational expressions.

The easiest way to achieve ur example is click on the body of column dept and click the filter button (funnel icon) from the toolbar. This will display the values of dept column. Select one or multiple values from that list.

This might be of interest to you as well. Assume you wish to have your second report show only data for one department at a time, but you wish to use that same report for all departments to make printed, HTML or PDF copies of the report. Rather than setting the filter by hand, you can use a VBA routine to define a formula for that filter, and redefine it in a loop to generate each department's report in turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back