Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use Project Central to process company's time sheets - Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2001
US
I was looking over the capabilities of Project2000 and noticed that it could be used for tracking individual timesheets. I have not read any further, but I'd like to ask if anyone out there has successfully done this and how satisfied they are with it.
If you always do, what you always did
You'll always get, what you always got!!​
[tt]Be a lateral thinker! Think outside the box[/tt]

I am still reviewing this as an option. So far, I find it's ok as long as everybody is on a project. Since there is customizable "Non-working" (name is misleading, am currently using as Non-Project time) time, this helps but it seems cumbersome.

I have never used it this way personally, but the vendor who was trying to sell us consulting services to set up Project Central in-house said they did use this internally for time-keeping. He mentioned that they were not paid for non-working time, so it got a little tricky separating billable from non-billable hours and paid vs unpaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back